Many diseases and problems in the gastrointestinal tract of animals coexist with diarrhea. If your pet has symptoms of diarrhea and you don’t know what to do, seek help from a veterinarian or call a veterinarian. doctor. The specialist will examine the cat, determine the methods of diagnosing the disease, such as tests and specialized examinations. Know: diarrhea in animals are symptoms of diseases and pathologies that require immediate treatment.
CAUSES OF DIARRHEA AND VOMITING IN CATS
If you find that the animal has begun to frequent the toilet, behave restlessly during defecation, make plaintive sounds, notifying you that he is ill, contact your veterinarian as soon as possible, especially if the pet’s diarrhea is also accompanied by vomiting. Digestive disorders happen not only due to malnutrition.
The main causes of diarrhea and vomiting in cats are:
- Indigestibility of a particular food.
- Worms. It will not be possible to visually see the eggs in the excrement, only special. lab. research. But the most noticeable sign of the presence of worms is diarrhea with bloody discharge, especially after antihelminthic medications.
- Chemical poisoning. means. If you are walking your pet, then carefully monitor what he eats. Especially if you don’t know if the walking area was treated with chemistry.
- Sudden change in diet, change of medical food.
- Bacteria. Your pet’s food should always be fresh. Spoiled food can cause disease.
- Inedible object in kish. Kish. obstruction is accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea.
- Infection with viruses: rotoviruses, adenaviruses, parvaviruses.
- Oncology: lymphoma, carcinoma.
- Allergic reaction..
- Systemic chronic diseases.
- Diseases and malfunctions of the stomach with severe insufficiency in the production of gastric juice.
Many owners feed cats from the table with common food, but it is important to know that not everything that is suitable for people is suitable for your pets. A rich soup can cause diarrhea in an animal, and regular consumption of fatty foods can lead to pancreatitis. It is best to consult with a veterinarian about what food and what kind of food to feed the cat.
SYMPTOMS OF DIARRHEA IN CATS
In order for the specialist to receive the most complete information from you, you need to look at certain things:
- Coloring of excrement. A very dark color may indicate the presence of blood.
- Aroma of stool is sharp whether it is.
- Density of excrement liquefied or as usual.
- Sharp weight loss.
These symptoms are important, but the most important is the presence of blood. This must be reported to the vet without fail. doctor. With this color, the feces will be almost black.
Diarrhea with the presence of blood impurities occurs with these problems and diseases:
- Intestinal ulcers. A large number of blood components in the feces.
- Acute Poisoning – Be careful that your animal does not eat anything while walking.
- Parvovirus enteritis – most often sick pets under one year old.
- Side effects from the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. teacher and glucacorticoids.
- Enterocolitis character injuries due to eating sharp bones.
When visiting a veterinary clinic, be prepared for additional questions such as the duration of diarrhea, changes in temperature during a given time, whether and when antihelminthics were taken. Vet. the doctor will direct you to certain tests, and it is also possible for an x-ray that will allow you to check the intestines for obstruction.
STOP CAT DIARRHEA AT HOME
If the pet has diarrhea, but there is confidence that these are not critical conditions and illnesses, you can stop diarrhea by applying the following methods:
- Feed your cat only small portions of boiled rice for 24 hours
- Give small amounts of water regularly every 15 minutes.
- Very effective enemas. from resp. chamomile.
- Decoctions from the fruits of alder, St. John’s wort, sage will also help.
- An asset can help. coal.
- Enterosorbents – which increase the viscosity of feces.
- Probiotics that will restore the microflora in the intestines.
In the event that all that you do does not help, do not hesitate, consult a veterinarian.
TREATMENT OF DIARRHEA IN CATS
Only specialists should determine honey assistance to animals. veterinarians. Do not try to use medicines that are prescribed to people. The consequences of this can be very serious, ranging from poisoning to the death of your pet.
The main in the treatment of diarrhea are:
- In case of fever and the presence of blood impurities, an anti-inflammatory drug is prescribed. medicines.
- Medications that restore acid-alkaline balance.
- Antibiotics in case of bacterial infection.
- Droppers with an aqueous solution of glucose.
In certain cases, the veterinarian prescribes antihelminthic drugs.
WHAT TO FEED CATS DURING DIARRHEA
As soon as diarrhea is discovered, start only giving rice water and no other food for the first day. On the next day you can start giving kefir, yogurt, yogurt and other fermented milk products. They contain bifidobac. will help restore digestion. In the case of improvement in the future, you can switch to low-fat foods such as boiled eggs, chicken, turkey. When the diarrhea is over, and a normal appetite has appeared, you can return to regular food. Also, in order to promote the restoration of strength in the animal, you can feed it with therapeutic food.
PREVENTION OF DIARRHEA IN CATS
The main and important countermeasure against the occurrence of diarrhea is proper nutrition, selected uniquely for you. Remember that periodically the pet must be treated for all sorts of parasites.
In case your pet has an intolerance to certain foods or has a receptive digestion. There are special systems for this. foods that have good taste.